HiPerGator 2.0 documentation
HiPerGator2.0 is already in production, but there may still be changes in configuration and provided services, and the documentation will continue to be refined. Please let us know where you have questions and we will work to improve documentation.
Migration and Integration Plan
Please see the full Migration and Integration Plan on the main RC web site.
Significant User-Visible Changes
HiPerGator 2.0 brings a number of significant changes that will effect all users.
- GatorLink Authentication
- On HiPerGator 2.0 your cluster username matches your GatorLink username, and you password matches your GatorLink password. If you are having problems with your password, please submit a support request through the UF Computing Help Desk.
- Change in scheduler to SLURM
- Upgrade the filesystem software from Lustre 1.8 to Lustre 2.5.
- The old /scratch/lfs became /ufrc and is in the process of being grown to a total size of 3 PB.
- The pathname for your files on /ufrc is organized by group as follows: /ufrc/<groupname>/<username>.
Logging into HiPerGator 2.0
To log into HiPerGator2 ssh with your username into hpg2.rc.ufl.edu
Direct connections to dev servers are not permitted on HiPerGator 2.0. Use SLURM to start an interactive session in the hpg2-dev partition for development and testing work. See Development and Testing for details.
GUI Programs cannot be run directory, but can be started within SLURM jobs in a gui partition. See GUI Programs for details.
Data Transfer from HPG1
See the data transfer documentation to learn how to transfer your data from /scratch/lfs to /ufrc.
HiPerGator 2.0 Training session
- Download the slides from the presentation.